Sowmyanatha Swamy Temple in Nandalur, Rajampet


Just I want to tell one of the must visit places in my hometown Rajampet. When I went to my native 1 year back, I visited one great temple and wanted to share the greatness of this place with this virtual world. The Place is Sowmyanatha Swamy Temple in Nandalur, which is at suburbs of Rajampet. Really I felt very bad about me for not visiting the temple for this many years being a native of Rajampet.

This temple is a replica of Tiruvannamalai temple which is at Tamilnadu. Sowmyanatha Swamy is Lord Venkateswara, but not as same height. The statue of God is just looks like Lord Balaji in Tirumala temple. This temple was built in 11th century and many modifications had been done by Kings who ruled this area between 11th century to 17th century and was patronized by Pandyas, Kakatiyas, Vijayanagara, Pottapi, and Matli Kings. People say this temple was built by The Kings of Chola. The temple was declared as Historical Monument by Archeological Survey of India.

Here I am placing some beautiful pics of this temple. If you are going to Tirupati, then don’t miss a chance to visit this place. Because this place comes on the way to Tirupathi.

RPidugu

3 comments: